About Tekakwitha Conference
The Tekakwitha Conference is the Voice, Presence and Identity of Indigenous Catholics of North America under the protection and inspiration of Saint Kateri Tekakwitha.
Our Mission Statement
As members of the Tekakwitha Conference Inspired by Saint Kateri Tekakwitha, a young Mohawk/Algonquin woman of the 17th century, renew our faith and reaffirm our baptismal call as followers of Jesus to proclaim the Good News. We pray with faith and hope for the continued intercession of Saint Kateri Tekakwitha in the lives of all Peoples.
We strive to:
- Reinforce Catholic identity
- Affirm pride in our cultures and spiritual traditions
- Promote healing through forgiveness and reconciliation
- Advocate for peace and justice in our Indigenous communities
- Build stronger catechesis that is meaningful
- to Indigenous Catholic People
- Nurture the relationship between Indigenous people
- and the Catholic Church
- Empower Catholic Indigenous People
- as leaders within our communities and Church